Feb 10, 2009

Dancing our Hearts Strong



Eating healthy and EXERCISING are the keys to a healthy heart, mind and body. In the Food is Elementary classes, we followed our lessons on healthy choices with fats and oils with healthy choices about moving our body.

With a soundtrack from around the globe, we shook and shimmied and got our heart rates up up up. In between songs we took deep breaths and learned a little about the location, language and people of the songs.

As a cool-down activity, children drew pictures as they listened to some slow-tempo tunes.

Many kids explored different dance moves and had a great time! Others expressed themselves more readily with a marker in hand.

Next week we’ll be exploring whole grains…another key to a healthy heart. Wunderbar!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I ran out of breathe after climbing two flights of stairs and a heavy arm load of books at the library last weekend. I have asthma, so it's not that uncommon for me.. but recently it's been getting worse. It was a huge reminder to me that although I eat healthy, I don't exercise nearly enough (especially in the wintertime). I think it's so great that you're getting the kids involved in learning how to take care of their bodies and doing it in such a fun way! :)